Sophie's bacon, brie and red onion tarts. This puff pastry recipe for Cranberry Brie Tarts with Bacon & Red Onion brings savory and sweet together in the most delectable way! Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. To assemble the tartlets, spoon some of the red onion mixture into each pastry circle and top with a piece of brie.
Ingredients of Sophie's bacon, brie and red onion tarts
- You need 1 of beaten egg.
- You need 1/4 of red onion, finely chopped and browned.
- Prepare 80 grams of bacon, finely chopped and browned..
- It’s 100 grams of brie, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 6 of circles of shortcrust pastry approx 1" wider than the base of your muffin tins. About the size of a mug is usually right..
A tender pastry crust topped with sweet roasted onions and just a hint of herbs make this French Caramelized Onion, Bacon, and Blue Cheese Puff Pastry Tart. Spread bacon, scallions and onions onto tarts and sprinkle with thyme. Spoon the bacon, onion and peas into the tart case. Combine the cream and eggs, season lightly, and use this mixture to fill your tart (carefully!) up to the brim.
Sophie's bacon, brie and red onion tarts step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180°C..
- Place the circles of shortcrust pastry into the bottom of muffin tins. I use silicon ones, but if you aren't, then lightly grease them. Press the pastry into the molds..
- Evenly distribute the bacon, brie and onion into the pastry..
- Mix your garlic powder, egg and salt and pepper..
- Carefully pour the egg mixture into the cups of pastry, being careful not to over fill. It didn't matter if it doesn't completely cover the bacon and brie – in fact, it's nice to have these poking out a little, as they brown and taste lovely..
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown..
- Great hot or cold!.
Divide the sliced spring onions and bacon between each tart case and pour over the egg mixture. Top tip for making Bacon and spring onion filo tarts. It is important when working with filo pastry to always keep the. These Bacon and Onion Tarts are not dissimilar to a mini quiche. They're simple to make, and utterly delicious.