Quick pastry adapted from the Settlement Cookbook third edition.
You can have Quick pastry adapted from the Settlement Cookbook third edition using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quick pastry adapted from the Settlement Cookbook third edition
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shortening or non dairy margarine. When using matzah..
- Prepare of …meal add 2 more tablespoons of non dairy margarine.
- You need 1/4 cup of cold water or cold vodka when not preparing for passover.
- Prepare of Use 3/4 cup cold water when using matzah meal.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Flour or matzah cake meal.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder or 1tsp kosher for Passover baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
Quick pastry adapted from the Settlement Cookbook third edition step by step
- Melt shortening.
- Add water to the shortening.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add water and shortening to the dry ingredients, mix well, until dough is smooth..
- Chill the dough.
- Preheat oven to 450° Fahrenheit.
- Lightly dust a pastry board with flour or matzah meal or roll dough between to sheets of wax paper or floured plastic wrap..
- Flatten the dough lightly..
- Roll it to 1/8 – 1/4 inch thick from center to edges with a lightly floured rolling pin using short stokes to make 1 round or several smaller rounds to make tartlets..
- Turn the dough often in a circular motion to keep it round. Do not turn it over but Lift from board occasionally. If the round splits at the edges, press together. Sprinkle board w with flour as needed..
- Roll into pie plate, cut small rounds and press into muffin pan to pre bake or fill and fold & press edges together for tarts..
- Bake for 10 minutes.