Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding.
Welcome Friend, Now we can have Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. here we are how you achieve that very simple.
Ingredients of Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding
- It’s of Bread base:.
- Prepare 5-6 cups of cubed brioche bread.
- You need 1/4 cup of whole walnuts (will be roasted and roughly chopped).
- You need of Custard mix:.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of Milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sweetened shredded coconut.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of white sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Butter drizzle topping:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of white sugar.
- It’s of Optional topping:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of milk chocolate chips.
Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding instructions
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch glass baking pan with butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Gently cut the brioche bread into 1 inch cubes, about half of a loaf makes 5-6 cups worth. Place evenly into the pan..
- Measure 1/4 cup of walnuts and spread them evenly onto a baking sheet. Roast at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes, stirring halfway, until browned. Cool slightly, then chop them roughly. Reserve 1/4 of the nuts for the top of the pudding, toss the rest with the bread cubes..
- Mix together the milk, heavy cream, eggs, white sugar and vanilla extract in a large measuring cup. Mix until well blended. Add the shredded coconut into the mix, mix well..
- Microwave the butter until melted and whisk in the 1/2 tbsp white sugar..
- Evenly pour the custard mix over the bread cubes. Top with remaining walnuts, drizzle butter topping over the top..
- Let stand for at least 30 minutes (up to an hour) to absorb liquid..
- Top with chocolate chips right before putting it in the oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, until top is browned and custard is set..
- Let cool for 20 minutes and cut into 8-10 pieces..